ENTRY LEVEL MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
Here’s My Chance is creative agency based in Philadelphia, that’s transforming how communities are built and campaigns are created for anyone looking to do good in the world. We develop provocative and intelligent videos, infographics, websites, apps, print media and more with a goal of empowering clients and building communities.
HMC is seeking an entry level Marketing Associate for our Philadelphia offices to start in the winter of 2014. This is a great opportunity for a hard working professional to get in with a creative agency on the ground level and work their way up.
Responsibilities may include assisting with administrative tasks related to events and presentation management. Tasks may include:
- Booking Space
- Organizing Event Timing
- Coordinating with Vendors, Clients, and other Outside Parties
- Creating Presentations
- Printing and Collating Documents
- Prepping Internal Team Members
- Setting Up AV Equipment and Event Spaces
- Coordinating Day of Travel, Directions and Timing
- Sending Calendar Invites with Event Details
- Seeking awards for HMC to apply to and on occasion, submitting those applications
- Seeking out conferences, events, and speaking engagements for HMC staff to attend or participate in and attend
- Taking ownership of the administrative tasks related to HMC’s MeetUp Series & Webinars
- Assisting with vendor/freelancer management on an as needed basis
- Taking ownership of the process behind HMC internal marketing efforts. Tasks may include:
- Assisting with social media calendars and posts
- Writing and/or proofreading blog posts
- Outlining, writing and/or proofreading newsletters
- Creating processes around internal e-blasts, mailers, or other large outreach engagements
- Assisting in the follow-up of potential or current clients
- Assisting in the preparation, presentation, and delivery of proposals
- Assisting with intern recruiting, selection and management
- Taking on all administrative office management tasks, including:
- Booking travel arrangements
- Booking conference rooms or other space for internal needs
- Updating the internal holiday and events calendar
- Running office errands when needed
- Setting up the conference room as requested prior to meetings
- Assisting with our internal enrichment and volunteer programs
- All candidates must have some form of prior management or event experience. Prior social media (Hootsuite or other) experience is a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to learn to work with management tools used within the agency such as Basecamp, MailChimp, and Base CRM. Prior knowledge of these programs is a plus.
- Must be extremely well organized, as well as have great writing, spelling, and grammar skills.
- Previous experience working with a creative firm is a plus.
- Previous experience writing proposals is a plus.
- Candidate must absolutely be outgoing, friendly, easy to work with and professional.
- Three (3) Professional writing samples required, i.e. press releases, event summaries, blog interviews, etc
We work in a beautiful creative space (Impact Hub) alongside some of the best social impact organizations Philadelphia has to offer. Join us!
Love what you do - You should practice care and attention in every aspect of your role. You should be a dependable and loyal member of staff and a good ambassador for HMC externally.
Look out for each other - You should aim to build on the sense of community here at HMC, taking on responsibility for your own actions as well as those of others and aiming to pull together towards a common goal.
Think bigger - You should be able to think laterally and beyond expectations or convention. You should be able to bring new ideas to life in any size of brief and help make HMC a stimulating and inspiring place to work.
Do the right thing - You need show a sense of responsibility to yourself, other HMC-ers and our clients. You need to be committed to getting the job done positively, even in the most pressured situations, never defaulting to the path of least resistance or leaving things half done.
Smile - You must be approachable, and able to contribute to a positive and enjoyable working environment. You should aim to bring enjoyment and passion to the workplace.
Please apply HERE for consideration!